The following article is all about boats, from its characteristic to different styles of boats. Tire shoes or topsides, also best known as boat shoes, have gone a well-defined path to becoming an elegant piece of shoes for men (including women). Originally, the boasts were used only as tool or work clothes.
Properties of Boats
- Boats are usually characterized by leather upper, mid to dark brown. But now there are the same in different patterns and colors in both leather and canvas.
- The tops are usually spotless. Water is rejected by these shoes because they are treated to do the same.
- The upper part of the boats is sewn and they are generally generated by hand.
- The construction of the boat shoe is moc-toe.
- The most traditional lacing system is the 360 degree lacing system. But other styles are also available.
- Tops and tips are made of the same material. Conventional cords are now made available.
- Boats are traditionally characterized by non-marking soles with white rubber. The soles are now available in different colors.
- A pattern of fishbone is usually carved in the soles.
- The heel cup on the shoe is shock absorbing.
Boats can be worn in different styles and not just when you are on a boat trip. Boats can replace loafers and sneakers for everyday wear. Socks are not meant to be worn for boats, but according to one's comfort and preferences socks can be worn. Cotton inserts can also be used instead of socks. Sperry Top-Sider and Quoddy Men's Boat Shoe are the most classic boat shoes and are usually preferred by purists.